Sal Talamo Interview & Free scene link
Salvatore Talamo´s interview & Free Scene
This week we are lucky to have the presence of this incredible Italian artist.
Seeing his works we understand that we are before a person who dominates the light, the materials and of course the composition.
His extensive experience has led him to win awards and recognitions, but we believe his best reward is that all those who watch his renders admire the serenity and energy they convey.
– What do you think we should know about you?
Hi, my name is Sal Talamo, I am 52 years old and I work on computer graphics, by age 25 years. Working as a freelance and I collaborate with various studies, of which our solidart.it .I studied 3d max the earliest versions, when I started there were no computer graphics courses
– Would you say the 3D design is a sector that can grow and evolve in the coming years?
3d Design is growing day by day, and is the future for us and for our children. As for the work of our customers, we run everything commissions, modeling, materials and lighting; (but in the end I do a bit as I say!).Instead, for some render that place a little everywhere on social networks, are nothing more than test, I do to test my materials, models and render engines.
– How is your work routine and what tools do you use for making your amazing 3d designs? That is, what modeling software do you use, rendering engine, and we would also like to know what plugins you use that make your work a little easier and faster ?
As setup for my works I use 3d Max ,Corona Render,Vray,Phoenix FD and RealFlo
For fast works as a plugin use,Corona Render, not because it is faster, but because I have made a wealth of materials and experience.
– Seeing the works that appear in your facebook profile, We have seen that you have decided to change to Corona and to forget of Vray, why?
I decided to use Corona Render, because she gives me a chance ‘to express myself as I want, and in my opinion is much more heat than other renderers.
– In your portfolio we can see many works of interior design, why do so many works of this type?
I make 3d interior, because I commissioned many internal, but as solidart.it study, we both exterior .interior furniture animations etc.
– You are from …… , do you live currently there?
I’m Italian, of Manfredonia, province of Foggia, for business reasons, always in the field of computer graphics, I live in Bucharest.
– Florence is quite close to the city where you live, have you had any contact with Starte Art of Academy ?
Florence, is a beautiful city, and the city of art in Italy, but I’ve never had contact with the Art Academy.
– Have you been hard the beginnings?
As soon as I started the computer graphics, 25 years ago, I looked like a junkie, I was not sleeping at night.
After the third day, I had installed 3d Max, walking the streets, and everything I looked I saw it in 3D, and I thought in how many moves modeling I can do this: (yes, the beginning was difficult, because we have learned to model with the manual, not video tutorials)
– Do you think it is important to have a marketing strategy on the Internet?
It is important to have a marketing strategy on the internet.
– We are somewhat surprised because although we have searched, we have not found any web of your own, we have only seen profiles in social networks, why does this happen? how can a freelance live without this tool? (We have found tracing your email a web, solidart.it, is yours?)
As a reference referring Web site and Solidart.com my colleague longtime Roberto Russo work worldwide.
As a freelancer you found on all social nettwork, and sites in the industry, so direct arrivals to the customer.
– What advice could you give to 3d designers that are starting?
The advice I would give to beginners are:
1 learn to shape;
2 to put something of his own, personal, inside of a scene;
3 to get the materials personally, because after f9, (to start the render) you would feel more satisfied.
4 if we truly believe in the computer graphics, it can become a real job and not a hobby.
– We would like to ask you something, it is something we do with all our interviewees, do you have any gifts for our readers? Maybe some 3D model made by you, a scene, a tutorial or making off?
As a gift for readers to CGVRAY, I send a scene to download made with 3d Max / Corona Render Awards where I won in 2016 for the best scene.
This is the link to download the free scene
If you want to know more about our artist, you can visit:
And the contact dates are:
email : email@example.com
site : www.solidart.com
facebbok : https://web.facebook.com/solidart.it